Subject: Re: Dennis and Ken at PDP console

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 23:34:34 -0500

No, I'm thinking specifically of a shirt distributed by Digital, with
an image done in near-realtime by Armando.   He couldn't have
done it on the spot (it's too complicated and too correct) but
it is from an overhead slide he more likely made the night
before a talk.   It is hand-done.  It is approximately correct.
It's a tree like your PS one and stops at the bottom with arrows
pointing from the circle with Unix/TS to "more TS stuff/System III & V"
and "4.2 BSD".  A  hard-to-read notice says "Copyright DEC A. Stettner
4/14/87."  This date could be '89; it's hard to read.

The only other person I've seen with this is Norman Wilson.  He's washed
his more than I have; I wear mine only at Usenix, and not every year.

	Dennis

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 22:40:14 -0500

I'll see what I can do, especially about the photo.  I don't have it;  it's
likely in the archives, since someone found it to put on the corporate
WWW pages.

Incidentally, a scan of Armando Stettner's T-shirt family tree would
be appropriate too.  I wonder, does a T-shirt scan?

	D.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 16:10:50 -0500

Get the T-shirt at http://www.cs.bell-labs.com/~dmr/unixtree.tif
Even the original is somewhat unreadable.

The PR guy is going to look for the console photo.

	Dennis