Subject: Re: dsw

From: Warren Toomey <wkt>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 13:53:36 +1000 (EST)

In article by [email-masked]:
> You may have received the dsw mail more than once too,
> since I sent it to you (with some address) and to PUPS, which
> appeared to bounce, and then again just now, which partially did.
> There have been some network instabilities here, and one
> can't discount operator error.

It seems your mail system can't recognise [email-masked]
(my desktop box), but it can recognise [email-masked] (a mail alias)
 
> I don't have a problem with copying the compilers, more
> or less as a mirror.   I wonder if anyone will try to revive them?

8-) If I just had some more time. After getting the 3rd Edition nsys
kernel working, I've realised that doing this is like reviving
dinosaur DNA: you need the correct environment for it to work. It's
fortunate that the 5th Edition is still in existence, AND there are
working PDP-11 emulators. If/when I get to those two compilers, I'll
start with V5 and a working emulator as the environment.
 
> I've been in conversation recently with Dan Bricklin, of VisiCalc fame. ...
> http://www.bricklin.com/history/vcpostingreactions.htm .

Thanks for the URL. I still have a VisiCalc disk image for an Apple ][,
and an Apple ][ emulator. In fact, up until two years ago, VisiCalc was
the only spreadsheet program I'd ever used.

Cheers,
	Warren