Subject: Re: Recompilation of last1120c

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:05:28 -0500

Excellent!

	Dennis

Subject: Recompilation of last1120c
From: Warren Toomey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked] (Warren Toomey)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 13:17:09 +1100 (EST)

Dennis,
	Just a quick note. Using s2-bits C compiler, I have recompiled
both c0 and c1 from last1120c. Then by moving the new c0 and c1 into
/usr/lib, I have recompiled c0 and c1 with themselves.

Currently at home, expecting a phone call, so must disconnect
the modem. More details later.

	Warren

---

From: Warren Toomey <wkt>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 16:26:02 +1100 (EST)

In article by [email-masked]:
> Warren wrote:

The latest emulator is at ftp://minnie.cs.adfa.edu.au/pub/PDP-11/Sims/Apout/
and I've also included there the last1120c course and the binaries required
to recompile it. Could you change your primeval.html page to point here?

I think it will be nigh impossible to recompile prestruct-c, because of
all the missing table files in assembly. I've tried to substitute the
existing last1120c files for those missing in prestruct-c, but I get
serious parse error when I run the resulting c0 binary.

I've only got the last1120c and prestruct-c source directly from your web
page: these files have lost their timestamps. Could you send me the original
tap/tp archives, just for historical accuracy?

Well, I've run out of things to do for a bit, until copies of the 2nd Ed
manuals arrive from Norman. My emulator currently supports binaries from
V1, V2, V5, V6, V7, 2.9BSD and 2.11BSD. I won't bother to emulate V3/V4
because there are no binaries to run :-)

Cheers,
	Warren