Subject: Re: Compilation of nsys kernel

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 22:53:09 -0500

> 	I've managed to compile the nsys kernel source code using a
 > 5th Edition environment. Changes to the src were: ...

Astonishing.  When booting it might be best to start
with an init that just does
  open(something);
  open(something);
  write(1, "Hello\n", 6);

It might even be appropriate to try first with just  abort();
to see if /etc/init can be read,

Abt previous mail, I did indeed have passworded access to the archives
in the past, but have naturally forgotten which password I might
have chosen.   So far I'm managed not to get myself registered
for ssh things.  If there's a page or so about access, the
fax # is +1 908 582 5857, if there isn't enough info available
inside PUPS itself or by email.

Incidentally I am getting mail from one of the Bell Labs PR
people who is wanting to do some sort of stuff about
the 30th anniversary.  I may somehow involve you in this,
though I did begin negotiations by asking him to find
out who came up with the admonition "Fest me no schrifts."

	Dennis